Wow! What a drive...this is the absolute farthest I have ever driven in my life and let me tell you...its not too bad! :) However, if we didn't have good ol' books on tape we would NEVER make it!



After Liberty Jail, we went to Independence, MO where ultimately the city of Zion will be. The cool spiral building is the temple of the Church of Christ and was really quite impressive. We went to the LDS visitor's center and there is an interesting story about this Christus. Most Christus' have a navy blue background representing the creation of the world. This one however, is the only one that represents the second coming! I just thought it was interesting and put a little more power in the fact that the Savior will once again come to earth and dwell in Independence, MO.
We are taking highway 70 across and have enjoyed the ride except for eastern Colorado and Kansas both of which are pretty flat and "ugly". However, this sunset near Topeka, Kansas was awesome! I totally understand why there are so many tornado in Kansas; not really even a little hill in sight.
We stayed in Topeka, KS the second night and then headed for Adam-ondi-ahman. It was beautiful and so peaceful. No one was there (probably at conference) and the church just keeps everything looking so great!! I am glad we were able to go and see it!
Overlooking the valley of Adam-ondi-ahman. The place where Adam blessed his posterity.
Next we went to Liberty Jail but I didn't get any pictures because I wasn't sure cameras were aloud. But it was great to go and see and the spirit was strong as we learned of what Joseph and others endured there.
After Liberty Jail, we went to Independence, MO where ultimately the city of Zion will be. The cool spiral building is the temple of the Church of Christ and was really quite impressive. We went to the LDS visitor's center and there is an interesting story about this Christus. Most Christus' have a navy blue background representing the creation of the world. This one however, is the only one that represents the second coming! I just thought it was interesting and put a little more power in the fact that the Savior will once again come to earth and dwell in Independence, MO.
The last picture is the St. Louis arch. I thought it was really cool at night with the light! The arch symbolizes the "Gateway to the West".
We are staying tonight in Mt. Vernon, IL and are headed to Princeton, WV tomorrow! We will
post again when we get there!
post again when we get there!
Fun! We love that you are posting during your trip! Enjoy the rest of the drive, road trips are fun, it's the only way I can seem to learn geography. (As dictated to Sheena by Brandon, but edited for content by Sheena)
ReplyDeleteWe already miss you. Life is such a grand adventure, we hope you have many new and wonderful experiences. Jeff's dad has alzheimers and everyday he wakes up and says "what are we going to do that's fun today?" No matter what the answer is; vaccuuming, picking the garden; he says, "isn't that going to be fantastic."
ReplyDeleteWe hope you have many "fun" days ahead.
Hey Katie, I'm glad we can see what you guys are up to. DC, what a big place! Glad to hear you guys are doing well.
ReplyDelete