-it's very culturally diverse, and to be honest that takes some getting used to.
-rush hour is pretty much all day long and a nightmare (it takes you 20 minutes to go 6 miles)
-beef comes in packages like this.. (are these worms)??
-my faith & values are challenged more than they ever have been before.
I have been applying to jobs like crazy! To those of you who know me well, my dream job is to work at a bank as a teller! A little crazy because I have a bachelor's degree, but I have always wanted to do it. I love working with money, and I love talking to lots of people. My favorite job thus far in life has been working at a grocery store! So I have applied to about 30 teller jobs in the Alexandria area. Yesterday, I had two interviews and I was really excited. Both have benefits and tuition assistance!
TD bank is 1/4 mile from where I live (perfect location) and has great people. The only problem is they are open 7 days a week. Everyone at the branch is supposed to work at least 2 Sat. & Sundays a month. Well, I went through the recruiter and got a second interview the same day with the branch manager. They offered me the job right there and told me to let them know the next day. Well, during this whole process I had a small uneasy feeling. The feeling grew to panic on whether I should accept the job or not. Suddenly, I knew exactly what to do; I had known all along but had become caught up in the thrill of the job. The recruiter called me today and officially offered me the job and what I did, I have never done before, I turned the job down.
I am sure they were thinking this girl is CRAZY! But I have felt at peace with the decision since saying No. I have no regrets and no worry about finding another job because the Lord blesses those who obey Him. Now, Sunday has more meaning to me than it has ever had in the past. My faith was tried on this principle and it was boosted because of my decision. How grateful I am for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for a merciful and loving Heavenly Father who knows me personally, what I need and what I can handle. Life would be so hopeless without knowing that there is a God who loves us individually, who is pleading for us to come to Him so He can bless us.
Though this test was stressful and hard, I am grateful to be here in Virgina so that my faith can be tested and strengthened!
Isn't it interesting how we learn some of life's lesson's? Good luck with the job search. I'm amazed there are 30 banks, Toto you're not in Cache valley anymore!
ReplyDeleteYou're AWESOME!! Good choice...keep it up thinks will always work out when you do whats right
ReplyDeleteI love you Katie - you make me proud.
ReplyDeleteI loved the post Katie. Thanks for the uplift.
ReplyDelete