Friday, October 16, 2009

Murder of the Digital Clock

Being it near Halloween, I thought I would spice the title up a bit, but to tell you the truth it really isn't far from the truth. Here is the story....
We have never had an alarm clock. We have just used our cell phones to wake us up. Well Morgan insisted we get an alarm clock to make sure we always got up on time. This decision, I might add, was against my liking, but we bought an alarm clock nevertheless. As most of your know, I am super blind without contacts or glasses and can't see an alarm clock anyway (so why not use the cell phones to HEAR the alarm) anyway...I told Morgan that if we were going to get an alarm clock the numbers had to be REALLY big. We found a cute digital alarm clock with really big numbers and brought it home. Morgan was so excited about this alarm clock and that we finally had one that he threw the box away.

So we are getting ready for bed the 1st night excited to see our alarm clock in action and we turn out the lights....the lights went out but did it get dark??? NO the little digital clock was the light; a nasty blue light that made it seem like it was noon outside.
The next half hour was spent trying every possible thing to dim the darn clock. We put socks over it, paper, anything that you could kind of see through so we could actually tell what time it was. To no avail I finally relented to putting a pillow over my face and tried to sleep.

We are at night 3 and I hate the thing more than yesterday... and guess what those 2 inch numbers are just a big blue light to me I can't even see what time it is... So moral of the story, if you are blind just use your cell phone because big numbers equal day at night!

3 comments: