Tuesday, October 13, 2009

We Made It!!

We have arrived in Alexandria, VA our new home and we really like it! Our new address is 6188 Edsall Rd. #163 Alexandria, VA 22304 for anyone that would like to know. We also have new phone numbers: Katie - (703) 347-2906 Morgan- (703) 347-2905. This is our cute apartment; it was fun to set things up again!

Well Morgan's first day of work was today: Doesn't he look so handsome! For who ever doesn't know, Morgan got a job with the Federal Trade Commission in Washington DC. He works one block from the capital building and he thinks that is really neat.

You can see the capital right behind Morgan if you look close (the lighting was bad). I couldn't believe how big the capital was! It was really neat to see up close. This was our "work test run" so we didn't really stop and see anything. Morgan gets to ride the metro to and from work everyday and it is about an hour commute each way. Luckily he just got a new iphone and doesn't mind the commute at all :)


One thing that I forgot to post about our trip across the country is Marengo Cave. This is in Indiana and we saw a billboard for it and decided to go (guess billboards can be an effective marketing tool eh?) It was so huge and I found my adventurous self imagining what it would be like to find a cave...

Last but not least is the beautiful Washington DC temple located in Kinsington, MD. Some people told us that they enjoy listening to the radio early in the morning or late at night because there is usually a traffic jam on highway 95 ride in front of the temple. You are just driving along and suddenly it just rises out of the trees! Pretty cool. Even google maps has acknowledged it as Maryland Mormon Temple :)


We are enjoying it out here and are grateful for everyone's help and support. Vistors are very welcome (that is a begging plea...hehe) we have a 2 bedroom apartment and we would LOVE for anyone to stop by. Please give us a call if you are ever in the area!!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! you finally posted. I've been checking your blog faithfully to see your new place! Looks pretty neat! I hope all is going good for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie! I love it! It makes me a little homesick! Isn't the Washington DC temple beautiful? I am really jealous, when I lived out there I was not endowed... so I wasn't able to go through a session. I can't wait to go though! Maybe I will convince David to take you up on your offer and we will come stay with you for a couple of days. I love it out there and Alexandria is GORGEOUS. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad that you made it safely! We will miss you so much though :( Maybe I'll be able to find a valid reason to go to Washington DC so I can come see you!! Hope all is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! I am so happy for you! So Matt and I are going to be coming out March 13-20 and I am thinking of flying into the Washington National Airport (Dulles). Would you be able to come pick us up? Let me know! I sure love your apartment! Hope you guys are well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your apartment is adorable! It looks SO nice! I hope you guys are enjoying it out there. It looks like it hasn't taken you very much time to get things all settled in. I think you guys will love it out there! And hey, we might be taking a trip out to the east coast this summer, so I'll have to let you know if/when we come out there! Oh, and Creighton got the new iPhone too, haha what a neat little device! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete