Sunday, October 25, 2009

National Archives Museum


This past weekend we went to the National Archives Museum in DC. The only image of the place has come from the movie "National Treasure." To be honest, the museum didn't look alot like what the movie depicts. The place where the Declaration of Independence is displayed is a fairly dark room, I guess for preservation purposes. I was really surprised at how faded the Declaration really is; you can barely tell that there is writing on it at all.


It was great to see all of the original documents in which our country was founded on. The Constitution, the Bill of Rights, were all there. I just wish that their impact on my life would sink in a little more for me than I think I would be able to appreciate the history around me alot more. More adventures to come....

1 comment:

  1. Try watching the HBO mini-series "John Adams" if you want more of a feeling of the impact and enormity of the Declaration of Independence and everything that went on during the formation of our country. I got it from the library here since I'm too cheap to pay for cable TV. It is so well done! I've started watching it again it's so good. He & his wife Abigale were amazing couple!
    - Mary Ellen (KT's cousin in Calif)

    ReplyDelete