This weekend we went to the Oakland temple. Built in 1962 it became the 2nd temple in California. The temple grounds are some of the prettiest I have ever seen!
After the temple we went to a concert by Jenny Oaks Baker; all of the music is Disney and I LOVED it!!
Some other funny things in our weekend included cooking sausage on the deck. Our fire alarm is really sensitive and every time we try to cook bacon or sausage it goes off. Unfortunately, you can't just take out the batteries...you can't stop it! So in our effort to avoid the fire department coming to our house every time week cook sausage we just decided to cook it outside :)
This past week has been really cold in Palo Alto (60 degrees in our house!). The apartment complex doesn't turn on the heat until late October so we have been freezing. One day I couldn't take it any longer and decided that our oven was going to have to act as a stove.
We have gone to a few Stanford sports games and this weekend we tried Water Polo. I had no idea what this sport consisted of, so it was fun to go and see. I think it's a one time see though :)
Overall, our weekend was great!
.....
Except for the fact that I got put in charge of planning the ward Halloween party!! HELP! I have never done anything like this so please share what your wards have done in the past. I need all the ideas I can get!!


We do a chili cook-off and a carnival. Each organization is in charge of a game and we each pick a room in the building to have our game in. So we (RS) are doing a fishing game. It is always really fun. Good luck planning yours, I'm sure it will be great!
ReplyDelete