Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Famous Cherry Blossom Festival

This Saturday we rode our bikes into DC for the annual Cherry Blossom Festival. Spring time is beautiful here! Most of the trees are around the Jefferson Memorial, but there are flowers and blossoming trees every where out here.

On the bike ride over we saw this huge patch of daffodils over-looking the Potomac River and the Washington and Lincoln Memorials. It was so pretty I had to take lots of pictures....


Behind us you can see the Washington Monument (tall one) and the Lincoln Memorial. It was such a beautiful day! Yeah for Spring!!

Riding our bikes through the beautiful cherry blossoms. It was a bit cold thus Morgan's jacket...
Our fabulous friends the Jackson's (Rory and Mandi) We hang out with them ALOT and have tons of fun...we are glad they came with us!


The flowers on this tree were incredible! They were full size flowers! It was really beautiful with the monument in the background.
This tree was SO white! I like the pink ones a little better, but this was really cool especially hanging over the Potomac River.

Spring is so wonderful out here and I am really excited for all the trees to be in bloom again!

4 comments:

  1. It does look really pretty! I'm glad the day turned out nice! I think when I create a world, there will be LOTS of flowery trees. And sunsets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Looks like your having a good time! I'll have to show my mom the pictures... speaking of... you should add her... her email address is babygrands@inet-ads.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's snowing here. I hate you.


    Okay. I don't really hate you. But I am extremely jealous. Extremely extremely extremely jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so you know, you are making me totally jealous !! Check out my blog and you'll see why....

    ReplyDelete