I recently moved to the corporate office in D.C for my job. This is my day with work now
Catch the bus- 6:58am
Arrive at Pentagon Metro station- 7:45am
Ride blue line to Farragut West Metro station- 8am
Arrive at work- 8:15am
TOTAL 1hour 15 minutes
Leave work 5:30pm
Ride blue line to Pentagon Metro station- 5:48pm (barely miss bus home)
Catch bus home- 6:10pm
Get home- 6:40pm
TOTAL 1hour 10 minutes
Somehow my 40 hour work week turns into 60 hours!!
I get home and study, do homework until 10pm and then drop into bed wishing I would die so I didn't have to start all over again ;) hehe
Positive things I have learned from this:
- I am not the only one going to school and working full-time
- In a year and a few months we will be leaving this crazy city for good!
- There are billions of people that have life much harder than I do (like the blind lady I saw trying to get on the crowded metro) :(
- There is no more procrastinating - there is no time to procrastinate!!
- I am almost done with my first term of grad school!
I am grateful for my job and the opportunity I have to finish my masters degree.
I CAN MAKE IT!!
Yes, Katie! You can make it! You sound incredibly busy and it makes me feel much better to realize that someone else feels the same way when they drop into bed for the night! Good luck with everything.
ReplyDeleteWhew! You'll make it through. Maybe you should study on the metro... That's quite a bit of time. At least you don't have to sit at home wondering what to do all day anymore!:) Remember that?
ReplyDeleteYou can do anything when there is an end in sight!
ReplyDeleteYou're the best, babe! I can't believe how hardcore you are. I love you! -- Morgan
ReplyDeleteOnce again, I am so proud of you Katie !!
ReplyDelete