Friday, March 12, 2010

A change of perspective...


For the past couple of months I have been training in Alexandria for work. I had come to love the people there and the commute was great. Then at the beginning of March I was moved to my permanent location at the company headquarters in DC; I was NOT excited! The commute was 3 times longer and more expensive, I would be working with the executives which would be more stressful and I didn't want to leave the great people I had been working with. To sum it up, I had a really bad attitude about it. I finally came to the conclusion that I must need to be in the DC location for some reason unknown to me and so I slowly came to terms with the fact that I was going to work there.


After finishing my second week at headquarters, I am humbled and grateful that Heavenly Father knew what was best for me even when I was SURE that I knew what was better.


I have the opportunity to work 1 block from the White House; I can see it out the window each day. One of my clients is the Princess of Spain!! I am sharing the gospel with my interested co-workers. I am able to watch a blind women make the same commute that I do, always with a smile on her face. The list goes on and on.

I work in the heart of the nation's capital and see miracles around me everyday and amazing people that have overcome life's challenges.


Yes, I am commuting longer and paying more, but I have learned that the Lord compensates you 10 fold for that which you lose. I am grateful for this "unanswered prayer" that has made me more grateful for what I DO have.

3 comments:

  1. Gosh, when you were living in lil' ol Morgan did you ever think you would have any of these experiences. Growing isn't always the easiest, but you are making the best of it. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing to think we could be missing all these experiences if we aren't paying attention. I am glad that things are turning out to be for the best. Congrats by the way on finishing your first term of your MBA. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture, Katie! You can't tell me ever again that you aren't a good photographer! -- Morgan

    ReplyDelete