Some of you may recall that I LOVE house plants. They become like children to me in a really weird way and I think they make our home much more interesting and inviting. One such plant even had a name...it was a bonsai tree named Cordelia. Cordelia lived with us for 3 years and made the road trip to DC on my lap. Morgan and I both really loved this plant and of course on our trek to CA we took her along...on my lap. Sadly, due to non existent room any where in our car, we finally decided that Cordelia would stay in Maine. And so Morgan gently set her on the side of the road and left her to grow wild. It was a sad day for both of us and our house looks a little emptier without her here.
Saturday I went to a Relief Society conference and came back to this incredible surprise!!
My sweet husband had found a replacement for Cordelia. Isn't it just beautiful! I love that it looks like a perfect miniature tree. We decided to call it Stan (short for Stanford) and he is now proudly displayed in the center of our house! What an awesome husband I have! There definitely couldn't have been a better Valentines gift!
Nice! It makes me reminiscent of our little calamondin bonsai that died. :( They are so cool.
ReplyDeleteI love houseplants too. They last so much longer than a vase of flowers and really do add something special to a house.
ReplyDeleteCute! I only have one little houseplant and I can barely keep it alive... but I know what you mean about how it really makes a difference to have it around. What a great Valentines Present.
ReplyDelete