Friday, November 11, 2011

Santa Cruz, California!

We FINALLY had the chance to get off campus this past Sat. and do some sightseeing. We headed down to Santa Cruz, which is at the top of Monterrey Bay, with some of our friends the Lundeens. The drive there was absolutely beautiful with thick forests of tall redwood trees. I felt much better about living here rather than the East coast after experiencing the drive!

Our first stop in Santa Cruz is what they called the Natural Bridge State Park.


Lots of pelicans and seagulls just hang out on top of the rock. The waves were pretty big that day and it was fun to see them hit the rock and splash high into the air.

I am pretty sure that my husband is the most good-looking man ever!! 

And he is pretty stylish too!! :o)

As we were exploring the beach, we found a blow hole. It sure did give Old Faithful a run for the money! And it was really loud when the water initially comes out of the hole.

Isn't this just so beautiful!? I could sit and watch the waves crash against the rocks all day long. 
And I love the added color of green!

Our next stop was the famous MYSTERY SPOT! What happens there you ask? Well of course I can't tell you because its a mystery :) Supposedly, there is a gravitational anomaly in this spot where gravitation is a little off. Sounds fishy, but I still find Morgan talking to himself trying to figure out the secret :o)

The cabin is at the center of this gravitational weirdness. I am standing on a level table (we got to check for ourselves with the levels they had) and this is the angle that is most comfortable! It was really weird.


Throughout our little tour, they did lots of demonstrations proving that this was not an optical allusion or anything. They lined people up by height (Morgan being the tallest). Now you look at the beam they are standing on and it is obviously higher on Morgan's side then on the other. You would assume that the beam is slanted down toward the person in the blue. Well here is the catch up...the beam is level (we checked it). And here is an even crazier thing... a ball will roll from the blue lady to Morgan. 

Don't believe me...see for yourself!
 They switch, and now they are all the same height!
The Mystery Spot really was a lot of fun! If you want to go, you should come and visit us!!!

Next we went to the famous Santa Cruz Boardwalk. Its like a mini Lagoon on the beach! We had fun walking around and eating delicious Mexican food on the pier.

On our way home we stopped to stand next to our first pretty tall redwood tree. We were both in awe and can't wait to explore the huge ones that you can drive through!!

Santa Cruz is a really fun place to visit. I am really excited to explore more of northern California and especially the coast. Its beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment