I said to Morgan- "I wish that our next door neighbors were college boys, they would probably eat it right up welcoming a homemade dinner."
This continues to be a regular wish (at least 2 times a week) at our dinner table. Tonight I experimented in making orange chicken and rice and once again I voiced the wish ;) Morgan dashed my hopes by saying that if we did have college-boy neighbors, they would have learned by now to check the peep hole before answering the door, and upon seeing us standing there with food would probably run the other way.
You would think I would give up right? Wrong, I am determined to find some great experiment meal that will be a Cox favorite for the rest of our lives!!
Sadly, our neighbors are not college boys- but we will keep on wishing ;)

YUCK!- (this is some other poor soul's experiment, not mine)
That's good to know picture is someone else made that experiment. It looks like it was cooked in throw up. It's good to experiment. I think you learn something every time, you know?
ReplyDeleteIf you find any good experimental recipes let me know:) i am not as brave as you to try new things..it probably doesn't help that i have semi-picky hubby.
ReplyDeleteWe try to have "new recipe Sundays" in our house. Evan is nice and eats everything I make. I also try to cook with a new ingredient each week- something I have never cooked with in my life. Those are fun nights. I am glad that your wish for college boys next door is my husband! He will eat anything! :)
ReplyDeleteI have made many things that have ended up in the garbage. I often wonder "who in the world put that in a cookbook and actually thought it was at all edible?" Keep experimenting, you will find some great recipes. Just make sure you make comments in your cookbooks (ie "gross," "yuck," "barely edible, "what were they thinking?" "yum," "fantastic" etc) beside the recipes you try so you don't ever make the mistake of trying the dinner-gone-wrong ones again. Happy cooking
ReplyDelete