
So we are officially moving to Washington DC on October 3! Story???.....let me tell you.
A week ago Morgan got a phone call from the Federal Trade Commission in DC (apparently he applied for a job there back in June sometime when he was applying to 10 million other jobs so he kinda of forgot what position he had applied for). He had a phone interview that day, then another call two days later, then another interview 3 days later and was offered a job last Thursday. He will be working for the Dept. of Economics researching, working with the budgets, etc...
PARIS??? Yes, we are a little sad about Paris (who wouldn't want to live in Paris?) The French are just too slow for us quick-paced Americans, and that would be a good thing if we didn't need to have a job RIGHT now! We still don't have any paperwork for visas yet and if we don't have a visa by January, they have to push the internship back another 6 months and that is a no go with us. So because Paris is so unstable we chose DC. We are still planning a 3 weeks trip to Europe before Morgan starts school!!
Pros to DC: I can get a job too!! I can also finish my MBA before Morgan starts and hopefully have the company I am working for pay for it! I think that was the deciding factor in this large decision. We were both wondering when it would be possible to get my MBA done and this provides a great opportunity!
Wish us luck! We will miss Logan so much! I love it here and all the friends that I have made. Hopefully we can eventually make it back to beautiful Cache Valley!!
What? Woah! I didn't even know that was an option. That seems sort of random... So... You'll be there for 2 years? I think it will be a little easier for us to visit you in DC than in Paris. And DC is one of those places that could be fun to visit.... Hmmm.... Congrats on the job!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy you aren't moving all the way to Paris! But DC is still far...We definately need to get together soon! Love ya girl :) Miss you!
ReplyDeleteWow! What an exciting adventure! I think Washington D.C. fits the two of you better. There is no doubt you will enjoy it and make lots of friends. Best of luck!
ReplyDeleteOctober 3rd was faster than I had anticipated. I hope you are fast packers. It was so fun to see you last week. Thanks so much for coming. We will come visit in DC soon.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, that's crazy! I'm glad that it will work so well for you guys. I can't believe it will be so soon, but I'll bet you guys will just LOVE it back there. Congratulations you guys, that's awesome
ReplyDelete