Thursday, August 6, 2009

Vegas Vacation

Last week we had a nice little break from work and everyday life. We went to Las Vegas to hang out with Kurtis and Tristan (Morgan's friend) for a week. We stayed in a really nice condo (thanks Mary Ann) which had unlimited AC :) and a swimming pool!! A great bonus since we live in a non-AC house! The first day we went to see David Cooperfield- a magician who is AMAZING! He made a car appear on stage and 13 random members of the audience disappear. Morgan and I were stewing over it for days ;) we decided that when we get to heaven we are cornering Mr. Cooperfield and making him tell us his secrets. hehe
Tuesday we went to Mystere'- Cirque de Soueil it was awesome with acrobats and lots of other cool stunts. The best part was that as we were waiting to get in the door this guy came and asked us if we wanted free tickets on the 4th row (we were on the VERY back row) it was great! We got a cool upgrade and even sold our tickets for $20 ;) hehe.
While we were down there we also went to Hoover Dam which was neat and then we swam in Lake Mead. We also went to see the Las Vegas temple which was sadly closing for cleaning.
For our souvenir we were at Circus Circus and we saw this guy modeling peoples face out of clay and he was really good. We decided to do it and really pleased with the results!! Which one do you think looks like the person more?On saturday we drove to Zion National Park and went up the Narrows! Something that I have always wanted to do. We did get as far as I wanted but it was so fun and I really enjoyed it!!
Overall it was a good trip...never go to Las Vegas at the end of July it was usually 114 degrees and at 10 pm was still 100 degrees it was crazy!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds really fun. I've never been to Zion, but Brandon used to work there. Looks cool, and I want to go. Did you cut your hair, Katie? It looks good. I think the clay Katie looks the most real (I think it's the hair that does it). Are you still planning on going to France in like January? Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That clay model of Morgan looks just like Grandpa Cox, not much like Morgan though. I think you win Katie. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun trip!!! :) When do you leave to Paris? I really wanna see you before you go! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete