Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Time and Furniture!

So we finally were able to change our ugly blog layout! I am excited to have something new for the season!
Well we put up our cute Christmas tree and I love it! It is a pretty nice looking tree for $30 and ornaments from the dollar store ;) Also, Morgan bought this little stocking for me last year before we were married and thought it was really funny to put up again this year.
We also added two beautiful new pieces of furniture to our house so we definitely are not living in an "empty" house. My dad is a very talented carpenter and made the cedar chest (real cedar wood inside; smells wonderful) for my graduation from high school and this curio cabinet for Christmas last year! I just love them and I so glad to have such a wonderful dad! Morgan and I had a lot of fun filling the curio cabinet with memorabilia. He saw me going through all of my stuff and before I knew it he had brought up a huge box full of his stuff.
Also, note the little Christmas chocolate count down. I loved these when I was little, opening a door everyday and finding a chocolate! I was really excited to find one of these at the store.
We have two weeks of school left and then one more semester. We are excited for Christmas and can't wait until school is over. Hope everyone is doing well!

5 comments:

  1. Hey your tree is HUGE compared to ours...we even had to put it on top of a box to make it taller than the presents haha...Um lets see the TWO presents I got for Derek aren't even under the tree and Derek's present to me isn't either. All those are from my parents!!!! They got a little excited apparently on spoiling their married children this year haha. It's fun I think she gave Derek more presents than me!! I hope your doing great can't wait to see you guys down here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your decorations sure look nice. I love your new furniture, and the stockings were a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is cute. :) I really like it. And I love the cedar chest and you're right...it does smell super good. I wish I had one! Only two more weeks...we can all make it...hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just tell Morgan that stocking size is inversely correlated to stocking stuffer cost. (i.e. small stocking--diamonds, large stocking--penny candy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys! It feels like forever since we have seen you two! I love the tree, we just cut ours down but it sits bare in the corner of our house. We need to get together sometime since we are so close.

    ReplyDelete