We finally made it back... On Saturday morning we caught a 7 am flight out of SLC and headed for San Francisco. Morgan had a interview with Harvard over there and so we decided to make a mini trip out of it. We arrived around noon Saturday and toured San Francisco. Morgan finally got to eat at IN N OUT burger which I love and we went to Pier 39, Lombard Street (the really crooked one) and of course the Golden Gate Bridge. It was windy and cold but a nice sunny day. The next day however, was not so nice. It poured all day, but that didn't keep us from doing some things. We went to sacrament meeting where I used to go to church the summer of 06 and we got to see Steve Young. Morgan wouldn't believe me when I pointed to a graying, balding man.
It is true, even Steve Young starts getting old :) After church we went to Stanford University and looked at the campus. Morgan loved it which I was happy about cause I really love it too. We then headed over to Oakland in the pouring rain and saw the Oakland temple. We didn't get good pictures cause we couldn't get out of the car, but I have posted what it looks like in the summer time and I love it. It sits high on a hill and overlooks the entire bay! After that we went back to our hotel and watched Christmas movies and ate stuffed crust pizza! Yummy!! The next day we woke up early and headed for Palo Alto. We stopped and visited my relatives (the ones I stayed with for the summer) and then went to Morgan's interview. He was asked some crazy questions so we will find out if he gets accepted in January. Then we went to the airport and got there a little too early. We arrived there at 12:30 and our plane didn't leave until 4:00 so we went to the military lounge and got some free books and snacks! Well we went down to get ready to board around 3:30 and found out our plane was delayed until 5:15pm so we just had sit around. Well 5:15 came and our plane hadn't even showed up yet. To make a long story short we finally boarded the plane at 5:45 and started our 1hr 15 min ride to Las Vegas where our connecting flight was scheduled to leave at 6:45. Needless to say we missed the connecting flight by 30 minutes and that was the last one going to SLC for the day. So we had the choice of sleeping in the airport or getting a hotel somewhere. We decided to go the hotel route and found the only hotel that offers shuttle service under $50 the TRAVEL LODGE. One thing I am grateful for is that Morgan told me he will never think of staying in a Travellodge again! :) I was very pleased with that. We finally made it home and we are alive. It was a good trip and we will keep you posted about Harvard.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
San Francisco
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Good luck Morgy on Harvard, I'm positive you'll get accepted. It won't be because of the interview though that you'll get accepted...it's because they know you're related to me...and they know how cool I am. So you can thank me as soon as your accepted by buying me Olive Garden.
ReplyDelete