Monday, August 6, 2012

Texas

The McKinsey Dallas office had a fun event in Fort Worth a couple weeks ago. We went to dinner at the famous Joe T. Garcia's and then went to a concert at Billy Bob's, "the world's largest honky tonk." Morgan has been on this "proud of Wyoming" kick lately and so he was prepared to look like a true Wyomingite :) We found a WY belt buckle and he wore his grandpa's boots. He had the hat all ready to go, but we thought that might be a bit over-doing it with our city slicker McKinsey folk :) My dad's company had a western party recently and he found me these boots that they decorated with, pure glitter! I almost felt like Dorthy in the Wizard of Oz with a country twist.



We drove over to Fort Worth early so we could go look around a bit. We went to the water gardens and thought it was pretty cool.

After that we drove down to the famous Stockyards where they have lots of country stores, cobblestone streets and Texas Longhorns parading down the road. I sort of felt like I was in Jackson Hole except more cowboyish. It was fun to walk around and see all the people in their western attire.


Honestly, Billy Bob's wasn't that great. I didn't know the singer and it was pretty much a really really loud bar which I don't enjoy. I suppose I can say that I have been there though. We had fun exploring Fort Worth for the first time and would recommend visiting if you are close by.

1 comment: