Friday, April 20, 2012

Kauai Finale'

These are the last pictures you will have to see of Hawaii I promise :) I think these last three activities that we did were probably the highlight of our trip...actually the whole trip and everything we did was amazing!

We went snorkeling at Poipu beach. We rented the gear for $5/24 hrs (CHEAP)! And had an awesome time swimming in the reef and seeing incredible fish! Seriously, we have been snorkeling in the FL Keys and that can't compare to what it is like here in Hawaii. It was incredible, I felt like I was in Finding Nemo! And the water is shallow so you can see the fish really close. This seriously was an incredible time, we loved it!
I took this picture from the internet, but this is what it looked like everywhere you swam. I was panicking that one of the fish was going to run into me or something! I was scared to move my arms in fear of hitting one of the fish! 

Our next adventure was a kayaking, zip lining, swimming in a waterfall trip. We kayaked 2 miles up a beautiful river (the river I was telling you about where they filmed Indian Jones swinging from the rope swing into the river trying to get on the plane).
On our way to the ziplines we went past the pool where they filmed the 4th Pirates of the Caribbean. Supposedly this is the "Fountain of Youth" pool in the movie. We haven't seen it but I felt pretty special swimming in it anyway.


After we went swimming we went on a tractor ride on a beautiful ranch where they filmed Jurassic Park. We had a very delicious drink that is only in HI make sure you try it if you go there!
Next we went zip lining on two lines over a big canyon. The first was 800 feet and the second was 1600 feet. I was a little nervous but it was really fun.
There was a cool tunnel by the zip line that I had to explore.
On the 1600 ft. line we got to go together and so I was able to take a picture of Morgan hanging upside down. I prefer to be normal when hanging hundreds of feet in the air :)
In the top right you can see the other side of the zip line!!


The end of the trip was my favorite. We got to go to a waterfall that had a nice cool, deep pool and a zip line! I think I went on the zip line at least 50 times!! I forgot how much I love swimming, especially in a place like this!

On our last day we finally got up the courage to go on theHanakapi'ai Trail. The trail is 11 miles each way and is one of the top 10 more dangerous hikes in the world :) However we went on the safer part where you don't have to have a state permit. There are tons of warning signs at the trail head warning of flash floods, mud slides, etc...

We hiked 2 miles into a beach that is inaccessible except for this trail and then 2 more miles to a spectacular waterfall. The total hike was 8 miles and believe me this trail isn't level at all. You are climbing over boulders, fording rivers and slipping in the mud where waterfalls run over the trail!
This is a view of the Napali coast can not be accessed except by helicopter, boat and hiking. The hike had incredible views!! We even saw some whales!


Our destination was worth all the falls, bruises, and bug bites though! We were the only ones at the waterfall and it was so peaceful. I am always in awe at the beauty of the earth and thankful that I get to see these incredible things.



On one side of this bowl shaped place there was a ledge that you could hike to and get a picture of the falls. Believe me when I tell you that this picture (as beautiful as it looks) doesn't come close to showing what it really looks like.

Well that is the last of our trip. If anyone ever goes to Kauai make sure to talk to me about some awesome things to do. We loved every minute of it!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my heavens! Good times! Me and my hubby went to Kauai in 2008 so its fun to relive that vacation through your pictures!! It is simply PERFECT there.Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like fun. I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being a tad bit jealous :) If we ever make it to Hawaii I'll definitely have to get some advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went on that same Kayak/zip line trip while we were there. So fun! I think our favorite thing though was taking surfing lessons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing trip! I'm so glad you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete