Sunday, January 29, 2012

I love my job!! @ Stanford Athletics

Some of you may know that I work in the Stanford Athletics department in the Physical Education and Recreation Division. I have an awesome office located in the the Burnham Pavilion built in 1921 which houses the Stanford Gymnastics teams and Men's Volleyball team. Each day as I walk down the hall to work I get to dodge 30 rowing machines during Crew team practice, almost trip over chairs while staring at the crazy flips some gymnast is doing and each day I think to myself what an amazing opportunity I have to be surrounded by some of the best athletes in the world here at Stanford.

This weekend I got free tickets to the Stanford Gymnastics Open! Every seat was filled and Morgan and I were in awe as we watched insane strength and skill displayed on the rings, pomnel, parallel bars and high bar. I am assured that gymnasts are the strongest athletes out there; ALL of them have 8 packs and bulging muscles (Morgan wants to be a gymnast now :) hehe) and can do incredible things!




Although it probably isn't socially acceptable for a guy to be a gymnast while he is in middle school, my kids are going to do gymnastics just so I can go to these incredible events more often! We are excited to watch the gymnastics portion of the 2012 summer Olympics this year!

2 comments:

  1. Looks fun! I feel at home with your blog background... It looks VERY familiar. :) Hope you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way fun! I didn't realize that is where you were working. (I don't know why.) What a great opportunity. I went to a couple of meets at Utah State and it was amazing. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete