The U.S. National Arboretum is a U.S. Department of Agriculture research and education facility and a living museum. Pretty much it is the National Park of Washington, DC (its huge). They have herb gardens, bonsai gardens, every type of tree you can imagine and much, much more. We had heard about the bonsai part and I love bonsai plants so I wanted to go check it out; it was AWESOME!
Here are some of the bonsai trees that were there; they look like perfect mini replicas of real, big trees!
This sign goes to the tree below and says that it has been in training since 1975!!!! Can you believe that?? Pretty much these little trees are living art that someone works to shape for years and years!
After the bonsai trees we went and saw the Azaleas and they were gorgeous! Trees with blossoms every shade of red, pink, purple, yellow! It was so beautiful I couldn't stop taking pictures :)
I love spring and am so glad that we got to see the Arboretum. Another check on our list of things to do before we leave.
We tried to go there a couple of times while we were in DC, but the plans kept getting ruined (torrential downpours, marathons rerouting traffic, etc). I'm glad I can at least see pictures :) Looks like a cool place.
ReplyDelete