This last weekend we drove to West Virginia for a family reunion. Can I just say that West Virginia is one of the most beautiful places on earth! You get mountains (small ones) and lots of beautiful trees. I really enjoyed looking out the window as we drove past the cute little farms with red roofed barns.

Unlike Virginia, West Virginia is more open instead of pure trees right up against all of the roads. I just can't describe how beautiful and peaceful it is there.
This is a picture of us overlooking the Johnston family farm. I believe they still own about 360 acres on top of this mountain in Princeton.
This is a view of the farm from the top of the road; isn't it so beautiful?? The picture on the right is the foundation of Morgan's grandparents house. I love to visualize what things would have looked like 50 years ago. The world has certainly gotten a lot more "complicated" since then, and this farm still holds some of the simplicity from long ago.
Another picture taken near the house of the barn. See the cute little pond on the right of the road. I am pretty sure that if I had grown up here, I would have had some very cool and exciting adventures!
The next picture cracks me up-- we went a tram ride while we were in Pipestem National Park. Morgan and I rode the tram with one of Morgan's nephews, Josh. He was a little nervous going down, and I guess if you're three years old and thinking you have only a few minutes left to live there is only one logical thing to do :) hehe. At the bottom we played in the river and enjoyed the water on that hot day.
Another highlight to our trip was this beautiful new car....

The 2011 Hyundai Sonata! Yes, we got to drive this all the way to West Virginia and back; no, it sadly is not our car. Our car can no longer go long distances so we rented this beauty to test it out for a future car purchase. I LOVED it!!
It was so great to see family after almost a year and we are excited to see more of them soon! This trip taught me three very important things...
1. Family is GREAT!
2. West Virginia is one of the most beautiful places on earth and you have to visit sometime!
3. The 2011 Hyundai Sonata is an awesome car!
West Virginia looks beautiful, like kind of dreamy and adventurous... Sounds like fun. The car looks fun too. :) Do you think you'll get one like that?
ReplyDeleteYou took some gorgeous pictures. i love that picture of Josh. It is so him. :)
ReplyDeleteWe miss you guys already!
oh that looks like so much fun! i so wish i could have come and seen you guys. its been too long. i love that car too, very nice. :)
ReplyDeleteWest Virginia is wonderful, I loved it when we went there!!! Call me soon and let's catch up!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWow hoe gorgeous! You guys always have the best pictures at the head of your blog!
ReplyDeleteWish we could have been at the reunion too. I love West Virginia. One of my favorite things are the lightning bugs.
ReplyDelete