Monday, January 11, 2010

Another Weekend

This weekend we went with some friends to the Air & Space Smithsonian Museum and the Botanic Garden Smithsonian. Here are some pictures.

The Wright Brother's first plane. I sure wouldn't want to be the pilot.
The gang- Jake and Serena Jensen, Rory and Mandi Jackson, and US
Me standing on a space station, you could take a small peek inside it. Behind me are some rockets that are 4 stories high!
There was a visiting exhibit of moon paintings. The artist was an astronaut and then came back and painted all of these pictures from on the moon. If you look closely you will see the texture he uses on all the paintings. He puts a foot print and other things so it looks like the texture of the moon and then he paints over it. I love this picture!

After the Air & Space Museum we went to the Botanic Gardens and luckily they still had their Christmas display up. They did replicas of all the DC Monuments and they are completely made out of plants! It was Incredible! They also made a train village, again all made from plants except for the train and track. This was by far my favorite part of the day and I am glad we got to see it!


Part of the train village. This castle was completely made from living plants! There were train tracks running above our heads and the bridges were made from sticks of wood.
This was another little house in the village. I thought it was so cute!

The Capitol made completely from wood and other plants. It was amazing. Sadly, these are only on display for the Christmas season. I am glad we got to see them.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! That stuff is awesome. I am super jealous. I lived out there for four months, but barely had time to see half of what you guys have seen!

    Congrats on the job! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete