Sunday, November 9, 2008

From 2nd Counselor to Staff Sergeant!




So I was looking through some of Morgan's old pictures the other day and I came across some of these! Most people can't believe that Morgan is in the National Guard and so I thought it would be great to post some of these up. Morgan is the 2nd counselor in the bishopric and I think that if someone of the ward members saw these photos they would be shocked! I guess he just isn't the stereotypical army dude! ;) So in 2006 the National Guard re-did all of their advertising (posters, videos, etc..) Everyone in the US National Guard was told to submit a photo of themselves and Morgan was one of the 30 or so that were chosen to be the "models" for the National Guard. So in July 2006 he went to Nashville, Tennessee for two weeks to do this photo shoot. He is now on many posters they hang in schools, court houses, etc... if you see anything National Guard chances are Morgan is on it! Also, (one more bragging moment) Morgan is the youngest E-6 (staff sergeant) in the Idaho National Guard. For a little perspective on that the non-commissioned officers of the National Guard range from E-1 (being the rank at which you join the army)- E-8 (being the highest) Morgan is an E-6 and the other men that are E-6's are usually around the age of 35-50! All of the guys Morgan's age are still E-4's and it takes alot of effort to be promoted! So I just want Morgan to know how proud I am of him. We just went to the last military ball 2 weeks ago and I think it was a bitter sweet moment for him. If all goes well he will officially be done with his 7 year enrollment in the Idaho Army National Guard in July 2009.



2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Landon was just looking at this post with me and said, "That is not Morgan!" I said it is I promise. He said, "That is so cool he is an army guy, maybe he could show me to shot that gun!" So Morgan, Landon is way proud to be your cousin....

    ReplyDelete