Morgan surprised me with a little trip to Mount Shasta for our anniversary. He told me a few days in advance that we were going somewhere (so I could plan to leave work early on Friday) but didn't tell me the destination until we were already half way there (it is a five hour drive from SF).
Mount Shasta is an active stratovolcano and the second highest peak in the Cascade range. The peak reaches over 14,000 feet above sea level and from visible base to peak it rises 10,000 feet. It is quite the sight! Unfortunately, its size also means it makes its own weather and is covered by clouds a lot. We did get to see it one of the days we were there though; it is HUGE!
We didn't take this picture. The one day it was visible we didn't have our camera with us, but this is what it looks like.
We stayed in a cute little cabin by the lake. It was off-season so we got a spectacular deal and we didn't have to deal with crowds on the hiking trails.
Our romantic anniversary breakfast!
We ended up hiking/walking about five miles around this lake and I was so sore afterwards I couldn't get off the couch once I sat down. It was worth it though. California really is a beautiful place. We are going to miss being able to take quick weekend trips to gorgeous destinations.


I'm so jealous of all your trips you've been on! They look so gorgeous and looks like you guys had a lot of fun. :)
ReplyDelete