Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Dating in the 30's

This past weekend for our date, Morgan and I decided to go back in time. We hit the old Stanford Theater (built in the 1920's) and saw a double feature, Frankenstein and Frankenstein's Bride (made in the 1930's).




This film was of course in black and white which I normally do not like, but it was really entertaining and I loved both of the "scary" movies.


During intermission an organ came out of the floor and started playing scary music! It created the PERFECT mood for an old theater and Frankenstein. Morgan really, really enjoyed the $1.50 popcorn!




After the movie we headed down to the old Peninsula Creamery (opened in 1923) and had some homemade chicken noodle soup and a delicious BLT.


As we were sitting there eating in the crowded restaurant, I couldn't help but wonder if our date wasn't that much different than it would have been in the 1930's. Sure the movie probably would have been $0.50 instead of $7, but I like to believe that some couple 80 years ago sat in the same place as me just enjoying life and love and looking forward to what the future would hold. It was a lovely evening with a lovely (and very handsome) date!

No comments:

Post a Comment