Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Crafty Projects

I have been trying to be more creative and try new things. Thanks to Pinterest there is no shortage of idea just talent on my part :) Here are a few of the crafty projects I have attempted in the last little while.

Pinterest idea


My outcome
 These flowers are made from toilet paper rolls. I save a bunch, painted them brown them cut them up and made them into flowers. I am still saving up so I can get more flowers up there and make a better design. Morgan couldn't believe they were from toilet paper rolls though, he is still in awe every time he goes in to the bathroom :)

Pinterest idea


My outcome
I thought it would be fun to put letters in the banner too and I think this is one of the best projects I have done. It is fun to have seasonal decorations in the house. This was really easy too!

This idea took about 3 hours of positioning fabric pieces around on the floor to get the design that I wanted.
I made this for a friend that just had a baby girl; I love the bright colors!


Sneak peek of my next Pinterest project....

4 comments:

  1. ooh i love that last project with the Easter eggs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. The toilet paper roll thing? Yeah. You just inspired me. I've seen things like that - but I LOVE the flower idea. I think that is what I need to make to hang above my crib in the nursery! I've been looking for something fun that wouldn't require 800 nail holes in the wall. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I just want you to know (even though this is an old post and I've already commented) - I seriously LOVE this. I started collecting toilet paper rolls as soon as I read this and I just finished making my own little flowers. Now all I have to do is paint them! I wasn't lying when I said you inspired me. You are a gem.

    ReplyDelete