Thursday, September 22, 2011

What can $250 buy YOU?

The Palo Alto area has beautiful weather and I bet they have a fantastic growing season...however as good as it may be, I can't imagine they have discovered how to grow money. They sure seem like they have though because everything costs an arm and a leg here. Gas is over $4 even though oil is way down, groceries are outrageous (even at Walmart) and school...well that is another matter all together.

The following things cost approx. $250

A nice new HP netbook
 Photoshop (student version)- something I have wanted for the past 4 years!

A Wii plus a few games
Don't all of those things sound so fun!

Well here in CA this is what $250 gets you....



a nice new textbook for Finance :) 

Isn't it so pretty! The nice hardcover makes it totally worth it!

Yup, thanks Stanford! I hope you enjoy my arm...that's what it took to get that lovely book. The good news, we only had to buy 3 books instead of 5! Yippee!


**(For my mother) This is not intended to be a whining post, just an informative post :)

1 comment:

  1. Our groceries are more expensive up here too. 18 count eggs--$4.04 Outrageous! Especially since I can go to Great Falls and buy 18 eggs for $2.
    I guess this just helps you to realize that CA may not be the place to stay after the MBA.

    ReplyDelete