This is our new home...Stanford, California
Home of the Stanford Cardinal
Home of the Stanford Cardinal
There are lots of palm trees...
beautiful places to stroll on a lovely fall night...
70 degree weather at ALL times and a picturesque campus...
are you jealous yet????
Before you start feeling sorry for yourself, check out our new home.
We have downsized again! After getting rid of all our furniture, we barley fit all of our stuff in this new little place. We had to play leap frog with the boxes in order to sort the chaos.
But after hours of sitting on various boxes staring in wonder at the confused mass of a house somehow everything got sorted out and it looks somewhat like a home.
This is the outside of our high-rise apartment building; Hulme Court
School is still 2 weeks away and all the bike places are FULL! Did you know that Stanford has 13,000 registered bikes on it's campus!!!
The tour begins in the bathroom. Stanford was so kind as to put an industrial toilet in; I feel like I have to flush it with my foot each time...just from habit of going to the bathroom in places like Walmart.
Our cozy bedroom with a lovely furnished bed...after padding it with blankets and foam pads, its starting to feel sort of like a bed.
Our nice little dining room/living room. The best part of this whole place is our patio (its bigger than our kitchen :) and its covered by a large lovely tree!!
A view of the kitchen from the dining/living room.
And last but not least our cute little kitchen. Half an oven, half a sink and no dishwasher!!
I bet you are looking more lovingly at that nice dishwasher of yours :)
No really, we are extremely grateful for the opportunity Morgan has to attend the best business school in the country and we are excited for this new adventure that awaits us.
...and we will certainly be very grateful to have full amenities in about 2 years...hopefully :)





Thanks for the tour! I am impressed that you already have stuff hanging on the walls. I am still working on that in many places. Looks cozy!
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed with how you got everything in there without it looking cramped. And the toilet thing made me laugh :)
ReplyDeleteYou're in Hulme??? That's awesome! You need to text me your address. I lived in Barnes court, which is connected. I'm often there visiting. You'll mostly get used to the campus housing, but the dishwasher situation never stops hurting.
ReplyDelete