Sunday, October 24, 2010

Halloween

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! Before I got married Halloween was never one that I paid any attention to. Since being married it is MUCH more fun as you get to dress up together, decorate your apartment and have Halloween parties with friends.

Since I have recently been on a sewing kick I decided it would be fun to make our costumes this year. I decided that Mr & Mrs Potato head couldn't be too hard to make so that is what we were for Halloween this year. Towards the end I ran out of time so we had to stuff them the best we could using balloons- we were pretty lumpy :) In the back I made a little pouch and all the parts were stuck on by Velcro so you could take them off and put them in the pouch.

Ward trunk-or-treat party

Yesterday, we went with our friends the Jackson's to Cox's Farms. It's pretty much a big huge pumpkin carnival with animals, slides, corn mazes, hay rides, fresh apple cider, and lots of pumpkins. We had a really great time being away from the city and enjoying the autumn atmosphere.

Of course the fact that it was COX Farms made it even more special for us :)



That is a BIG pumpkin!

After the truck-or-treat, we went to the Jackson's house and carved pumpkins. Ours turned out pretty cool but the picture is pretty fuzzy.




We had a very fun Halloween filled day!

3 comments:

  1. Katie, I love Halloween, too. The Mr. and Mrs. Potato head idea for a costume is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so fun! Your costumes look great! Millie and I had to stop while we were reading your post to do a little dancin' to Love Story meets Viva la Vida.... She likes it I think...

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Talesha: I love it!!! You are becoming very creative! Oh and do not die but I love the brown sweater you had on you looked really really cute in it. Where did you get it?
    ... Still breathing?... Ok good:)

    ReplyDelete