Here is the first quilt I made; I am still working on getting the binding done but I thought it turned out really well and I LOVE the fabric- thanks Mandi


This next quilt was meant to be a gift for my cousin, it took me about 12 hours to do mostly because I am ditzy and kept sewing the squares the wrong way, etc... I finally finished it the weekend she was supposed to have the baby and it looked great! Then I decided that I would pre-wash and dry it for her. Well the fabric didn't do too well in the dryer and it came out looking absolutely awful. I might have cried a little bit at all my hard work being ruined and then Morgan suggested a fantastic idea....
I now know how to make baby quilts and I have everything I need except a sewing machine- hopefully Santa gets that for me this year :)
My next sewing project is in the works...our Halloween costume!! Stay tuned to see what we are going to be.
Wowza! I didn't know you had to make TWO quilts for Millie! Thanks! :) It turned out wonderful! As for the washing thing, my mom would recommend that you prewash the fabric, so if it changes, it changes before it's all cut and sewn together. It saves a lot of headache.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Katie! Isn't sewing wonderful? I can't wait to see what you come up with for your halloween costumes.
ReplyDeletevery cute!
ReplyDeleteThat's what I was going to say. Wash the fabric first, then cut and sew. Then if it is going to shrink it happens before you spend days on it.
ReplyDeleteGreat job though, everything looks really straight and even and very, very cute!