Friday, September 17, 2010

Restoring Honor Rally 8.28.10



A few weekends ago Morgan and I went with some friends to the 'Restoring Honor Rally' hosted by Glenn Beck. It has been estimated that around 1 million people were there and it sure felt like a million people! It was SO crowded you could hardly move and I felt very claustrophobic. This rally was promised to not be a political rally and it wasn't, the theme was restoring the principles of Faith, Hope and Charity! If you didn't know, Glenn Beck is a convert to the church and is incredibly amazing. His speech was amazing and I was glad that a million people were there to listen to it! It is incredible how religious this rally was, it was awesome to have something like that in Washington, DC.

It was awesome to be able to participate in something like this. I am grateful for those people that stand up to the world and proclaim what is right. I hope that I can do my part in a small way to make the world a better place.

The crowd is packed even in the trees on the left and right of the reflection pond. It was insane how many people were there!

The Washington Monument and its "scar" (listen to part one of Beck's speech to understand)

The Riches and us! We are glad that they came.




Even though it doesn't look like it, this is A LOT of space that is just packed.

We saw this guy that looked a lot like Lincoln. The beard was real too!

The claustrophobic crowd lining the reflection pool.

The Lincoln Memorial!

A beautiful view of Arlington across the Potomac River. I couldn't help putting this on here because I thought it was so pretty.

Glenn Beck “Faith is in short supply. To restore America, we must restore ourselves.”

2 comments:

  1. YAY for a new post! :) Sounds like fun. Now come back to UTAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how awesome that you were able to be there! Thats so cool! It's so good to be able to stay caught up with you!

    Also, I changed my e-mail to shantel.peaden@gmail.com. Can you add that to your blog list instead of my old e-mail? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete