What do you think of when you hear horse race? Well I think of this...
and of course this!!
For those of you who don't know- hats are a BIG deal at horse races. Some wear crazy hats, some wear simple hats, but everyone has to have a hat.When I told Morgan about this race the only reason he wanted to go was so that I could wear an outrageous hat. After a trip to the DI and some creative thinking I produced this hat...
Of course you can't go alone to the horse races so we brought our best pals the Jacksons'. The race was in western Virginia and it was beautiful!! It's in the countryside and had green rolling hills and lots of trees. I was in heaven....except that is was 95 degrees and 70% humidity! Yikes!! That wasn't so fun! Thank goodness for the hat!
My homemade hat!A little part of the race. This race was a steeplechase- I am guessing that is where they jump over things instead of just running around the track.
We had a great weekend!
I love your hat! Morgan is a great hat model as well. I'm glad you included a little information about the actual race. I sort of forgot about that part because I was so excited about the hat!
ReplyDeleteI just saw pictures of the hats some women wore to the Kentucky Derby, and I commented to Aaron that I wanted to wear hats like that, so I am jealous of your little escapade. Sounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you, sounds like you are having the times of your life! Keep it up :)
ReplyDeleteI really like your hat! That is really pretty, I'm impressed you made it! It sounds like you guys are really having some fun experiences out there! What fun!
ReplyDeleteYou guys look like you have so much fun. I love reading about it. Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteAwesome hat, I love it!
ReplyDelete