Friday, May 14, 2010

The 2nd longest escalator in the WORLD!

There are some pretty cool things to see in Washington DC. Of course all the monuments, the architecture, the cherry blossoms...but there is some hidden coolness that not many people would think about when coming to the Capital of the U.S.


This week Morgan's life long friend Kurtis and his wife came out to visit and we all went to see the longest escalator in the western hemisphere and the 2nd longest in the world...at the WHEATON METRO station!

From start to finish, it takes 3 minutes to ride to the top. That may not seem long, but stand in one place for 3 min. and its a pretty long time to be riding an escalator. Morgan even went so far as to say "I'm bored" hehe
We thought it was pretty cool to see. Morgan and Kurtis even decided to see if they could jog up the whole thing without stopping. They barely made it ;) So if you want to see some hidden treasures in DC come visit us!!


Morgan and Kurtis signed up for the National Guard together 9 years ago. This picture is at the World War II memorial.

Morgan was so happy to have his best bud come to visit. Thanks for coming Hall's!!

3 comments:

  1. I never knew these kinds of things existed! haha! How Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So where is the longest escalator in the world? I have a great story about Eva, Mom and I running down an up escalator in NY. I'll have to tell you some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time to make a new post, KT! -- Morgan

    ReplyDelete