The next two days were spent right in DC touring all of the Smithsonians and seeing the monuments. I must have walked at LEAST 20 miles! It was pretty pathetic that my 49 year old dad could last much longer than I ;) We also saw the White House and the war memorials...the Korean War memorial was my favorite! Everyone there was silent and it had a great spirit to it!My Grandpa is a veteran of the Korean War so that made it more personal!


We also got to tour the Capitol which was pretty cool to see. There are so many statues in it and the architecture is amazing!


Saturday was our "Ambitious" day... we left at 7 am and didn't return until 2 am CRAZY!!!!! We first went to Gettysburg which was wonderful! Again, the undeniable spirit of the place is humbling. Next, we went to Hershey, Pennsylvania and that was great! The tour of the chocolate factory is AWESOME....the best one I have ever been on! Next, we went to Philadelphia and made it just in time to see the Libery Bell and Independence Hall where the Declaration was signed. They still have George Washington's chair from 1789! Then, because my dad is such a sports fan we had to go and see the Eagles and Phillies stadium. As some of you may know the World Series is going on in Philidelphia and so we decided to go! Are you convinced that we are crazy yet??? There were SO many people everywhere and it was raining and I was soaked, but my Dad had a grand time. Finally, we headed for home at midnight! What a day....what a week! Thanks Mom and Dad for making sure we saw everything around!




World Series 2009 in Philadelphia, PA Yakees vs. Phillies!
So fun...man I wish we could come visit sometime...I'm not just saying that I really wanna try to get out there before you guys move back!!!
ReplyDeleteHey... I know those people...
ReplyDeleteIt looks so pretty and fall-like there! How fun! So are you guys gonna want to go see it all again whenever we come visit?
Wow, you guys sure live in a neat place. I am so happy you are out enjoying what is around you. It sure looks beautiful. Also, I love the family picture of the two of you at the top of your blog. Don't know why, but it makes me miss you guys!
ReplyDelete