Morgan and Kurtis loved their little snow ball fights
There was a mini storm on the lake...doesn't it look awesome!
Crater lake is at an elevation of approx. 9,000 ft and is the deepest lake in the U.S.
I thought the mini island volcano was really cool too.
After freezing we went on a beautiful drive. Sadly, pictures can't do it justice, you will just have to go visit sometime. If I could live in OR I would totally do it!!
We then drove to Crescent City, CA and saw this very interesting sight. We couldn't tell if it was water or what, so I being the only brave soul in the group decided to go and test it out. It was compressed sand that had ripples in it filled with water. It was really fun to walk on!
Next came the amazing Redwoods. These should be on everyone's "to see" list. Pictures can't describe how massive these things are.
You can drive through them...
You can make play houses out of them...can you see us in the heart windows :)
You can stand under their roots...
We continued driving down the coast and saw some beautiful beaches...
and very random, giant Babe the Blue Ox and Paul Bunion.
We also decided to do a little hike, so we found a trail that led through the Redwoods to an isolated beach. There were lots of cool rocks there and we had fun exploring caves and climbing all over the rocks.

Awww, you guys are so cute! I love hearing about your adventures.
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful! The picture with the sand/water ripple things was amazing. I kept looking at it trying to figure out exactly what it was. So cool!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I would love to get together sometime this summer! I will be in Morgan on Wednesday and Thursday if you are around. Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDelete