The movie shows 17 Miracles that were actual recorded events by members of the company and they are absolutely amazing. Although they suffered greatly, the Lord was indeed with them every step of the way.
Its incredible to see the faith that they had in the Lord and his restored gospel even when they were enduring such horrible things.
One of the best experiences I had was going on our stake trek when I was about 14. I don't remember much about the details, but I remember the spirit that was there. We were encouraged to come and take our place as modern day pioneers. Just as the pioneers endured severe physical conditions that threatened their survival we now live in a world that threatens our spiritual survival. "Come take your place in a world that you have been prepared to rescue."
It takes moving videos like this for me to slightly comprehend what these people went through and to remember how blessed I am now. I hope I can do what it takes to be a pioneer now for the Lord.
Throughout and at the end of the movie is a beautiful rendition of "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul" I thought I would share it.

My great great forever great grandma is featured in that movie... they called her wee granny, she's the one who says tell my son I died with my eyes toward Zion. Sweet huh
ReplyDelete