This part of the trip was of course fantastic! Niagara Falls is just so spectacular and it was fun to see one of the Great Lakes! It really just looks like the ocean cause you can't see anything in the distance. Stay tuned once again for the final part of the trip! Its going to be good!!
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Family Trip- Part 2: Niagra Falls
During our trip up north, we also went to Niagara Falls on the Canadian side. I had been here before, but Morgan had never seen the falls and so it was fun to go again and see how beautiful they are!
We went on Maid of the Mist which goes really close to the falls. We got SOAKED! Its like being in a really big rain storm but its awesome to be so close to the falls. I would suggest going when you visit Niagara.
It gets much closer to the falls than this picture.
Over 6 million cubic feet of water go over the falls every minute! They are approximately 180 feet tall, however the bottom of the river right under the falls is 180 feet deep so technically the falls from top to the bottom of the river bed is 360 feet! Pretty cool!
There was a beautiful rainbow because there is so much mist. It was so great!
We stopped at a beach on Lake Erie and I tested out my camera and the classic ocean sunset picture. I think it turned out pretty good!
This is my family doing crazy poses and I thought it was a really fun picture!
This is a lighthouse on Lake Erie that served the port where most of the early missionaries going to England caught a ship. The lighthouse of course sat on a hill overlooking Lake Erie and it was a beautiful sight.
Captain Morgan ;) hehe
This part of the trip was of course fantastic! Niagara Falls is just so spectacular and it was fun to see one of the Great Lakes! It really just looks like the ocean cause you can't see anything in the distance. Stay tuned once again for the final part of the trip! Its going to be good!!
This part of the trip was of course fantastic! Niagara Falls is just so spectacular and it was fun to see one of the Great Lakes! It really just looks like the ocean cause you can't see anything in the distance. Stay tuned once again for the final part of the trip! Its going to be good!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay! More trip stuff! It looks really fun. I love trips. I'm excited to hear more. I like the cool beach silhouette pictures. They are fun. :)
ReplyDeletecute pictures! sounds like you guys are really having some great experiences over there! i can't wait to see you in a few weeks! :)
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I love the pictures Katie, you are so good at taking awesome pictures.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you have been able to spend so much time with your family. I bet they miss you a ton.
Hope you are doing well!
What an amazing trip! WE want to hit up all of those spots simeday soon!
ReplyDelete